My personal Juice fast - Day 1

Diets comes and goes. The one in vogue nowadays is the juice fast, because is supposedly the best thing to cleans your body and mind from all the shit we eat. After 3 weeks in Europe eating salami, cheese and wine -and mainly not fitting on any european decent size clothes- I decided that it was time for a reconnection between the beautiful me and the size 4 I have to be.

My main problems with a juice fast:

- I'm training for a 70.3 Ironman and trying to exercise 2/3 hours a day with only juice wasn't gonna happen.
- I hate the idea of only having something sweet over and over again
- I don't own a juicer!

Solutions

- I would still throw in some gels, shakes for recovery and an occasional solid food if I felt weak.
- Instead of 4 meals being a juice, one of them would be a creamy soup. Without any cream, of course.
- I could only do anything that used a blender, one of my favorite tools in the kitchen.

As I imagined, day 1 was FUCKING hard, even being considered a moderately healthy person. When you go from a diet of eggs-rice-chicken-wine-salad-cheese-occasional-chocolates to ONLY vegetables and fruits, your body will complain. Had a banana-strawberry for breakfast, just after my track run and ran to YMCA pool. For lunch: carrot/potato soup for lunch and snacked on a mango/cucumber juice followed by a 7PM yoga. Is this day over yet?!

No comments: